Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Work, Work, and More Work!

I wish I had more time to crochet and work on finally finishing the office area in my room, but, alas, when I do have free time, I'm too tired!  My dad and stepmother were here for three whole weeks.  Don't believe what they say about evil stepmothers because this one came without the "evil."  She's wonderful.  It had been a year and a half since I'd seen them.  I miss having my dad around.  I welcome his admonishments and his advice -- not everybody loves us enough to gently try to point us in the wrong direction, no matter the age.  You know those little things only a parent does?  You miss them sooooo much when they're gone.  You take them for granted when they're alive.  I would give anything to have my mom around to remind me to eat or to just brush my hair out of my face.  June 30th she would have turned 58.  She always did say she didn't want to grow old.  I wish she had.

I'm working on a baby blanket at the moment that seems to be working up quickly.  The free pattern is Bernat's, and it is called Beautiful Baby Blanket.  The link is:  http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2043.  You'll have to be signed in or will have to create a profile if you don't already have one with Bernat.  The picture is meant to be rotated clockwise.  I'll learn how to rotate it for the blog eventually.




Now here's a pic of the last one I made.  It went to a cousin that had her baby shower a couple of weeks ago.  I hope she liked it.  It's Bernat's Baby Sport Lace Border Blanket, not to be confused with the Baby Coordinates Lace Border Blanket.  Here's the link:  http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=4819.  Oh, and I also sewed the ribbon onto the blanket so little babies don't accidentally hurt themselves with it.

Carpe diem!




3 comments:

  1. Lovely baby blanket. Thankyou for the closeups. I'm new to crochet and cannot grasp Row 2 when performing the CL (cluster). Is there anyway you can try to explain it to me? Thanks. I have completed Row 1. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jeannie. I'm more than happy to try to explain it to you. In Row 1, you're crocheting either a cluster (4 dc, ch 2, 1 dc) or a V-stitch (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) every fourth stitch; right? Backing up a little, you started with the ch 3 and dc in the same stitch at the very beginning, and you ended with 2 dc's in the very last stitch. You're essentially repeating the very same concept in every row; however, instead of crocheting into every fourth chain, you are crocheting the clusters into the space in the clusters created by the two chains you crocheted and you are crocheting the V-stitches into the one-chain space when you made the V-stitch in Row 1. Always remember that you start with (ch 3, dc) into the first dc of the preceding row and end with 2 dc's into the very last dc of the preceding row. I hope I didn't lose you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget that you chain 1 after a cluster and before a V-stitch but not between a V-stitch and a cluster. You'll get it when you read through the row again, I think :)

      Delete