Sunday, September 9, 2012

L.A. County Fair

I'm back!  My room is nice and cool, it's so quiet everywhere, and my sister got a new car.  Yay!  It's a 2012 Nissan Versa.  I remembered to take a picture after she left.  Of course.  lol

I've never submitted anything to a fair.  Have you?  I'm too nervous no one will like anything.  I'll try to force myself to do it next year.  I'll go out of my comfort zone and see what I come up with.  There are so many talented people.

It was very, very hot in Pomona yesterday:  105 degrees F.  I have no idea what the humidity was, but it was a lot because it is supposed to rain there today.  I even took a picture of the clouds.  We didn't see much more than the submissions and a parade because it was unbearable!  The asphalt made our feet hot, and then it was just getting crowded.  So we ate at a nice place with air conditioning, chatted for quite a while, and were on our way -- but not before buying fried stuff!  Patricia, from our crafting group, got frog legs.  I got a fried Twinkie and fried PB&J.  Patricia liked hers.  I tasted a bit of each of mine when I was home and then passed it on to my niece.  I really liked them.  I won't make a habit of them, though.

All in all, only one item submitted by Debb and Pat didn't get a ribbon.  The Raggedy Ann and Andy were separated from their matching afghan due to some unknown fair rules.  The dolls got ribbons but the afghan did not.  Does that make sense?  Pat's beautiful bunny got a ribbon as well, and so did Debb's pillow and purses.  Even a friend of theirs that they talked into submitting one item received a ribbon.  Way to go!  There were so many wonderful things to admire.  I wanted to take pictures of everything.  I wanted to buy everything!  I'm now addicted to crafting fairs.  I plan to get details of fairs nearby.  It's a great place for ideas too.

Once I got home, I got a big chunk done of a cocoon I'm testing.  I'll post a picture as soon as the pattern is officially on sale.  It is not my pattern, though.  I'm just the tester.  I'm accumulating quite a few items.  I have been told online selling sites aren't good for selling.  Apparently not many buyers appreciate the time, effort, and money that go into materials.  I hope that the consignment stores I've been recommended work out better.  Now I have to figure out how to prepare for that.  Do I need specialty labels?  What about packaging?  I can't begin to imagine what goes into that.  I feel a trip to those shops is in order to see what it's all about.

How has your weekend turned out?  What's on your hooks?  Any FO's?

TTFN :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment